Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Which Sunscreen to Use???

Now that summer is here, we're spending more time outside in the sun, and we all need to protect our skin from its harmful rays.  I'm covered with freckles, and I've noticed them starting to pop up on my girls, so you can guess how fair our skin is.  And Ryan spends all day in a greenhouse getting lots of sun exposure.  Sunscreen (and avoiding skin cancer) is a big concern for me and my family.

Anyway, check out the Environmental Working Group's 2010 Sunscreen Guide.  Hope it helps you make some informed decisions about your sunscreen purchases.  Happy Summer!

I'm also a big fan of the bathing suits for the girls that are shorts and short-sleeved shirts with built-in UVA protection, rather than tiny baby bikinis.  Seriously, folks, a tiny bathing suit bottom on a little one just means more sand in their tiny bum.  :(

P.S.  I apologize for my absence from this blog.  We've had lots of computer issues around here for the last while.  Unfortunately, they appear to be still unsolved, despite the removal of 2000+ viruses from our laptop!

No comments:

Post a Comment